FUN MATH (MATHEMATIC TEACHING THROUGH DRAMA AND GAMES)
According to the research, students’ mathematics is the most disliked and difficult course. This is due to the inadequate teaching methods of mathematics, an abstract lesson and the necessity of time and energy. But drama and games can be transformed into a fun lesson as a learning method that draws students’ attention and encompasses different learning styles.
According to the research, mathematics is the most disliked and difficult course for students. PISA results also prove that mathematics is a more problematic area than other fields. This is due to the inadequate teaching methods of mathematics, an abstract lesson and the necessity of time and energy. In addition, students’ individual differences and different learning styles, which causes children to learn at different speeds and levels. Especially in the early ages of the students develop prejudices against mathematics and it causes problems in mathematics.
Mathematics is considered as more boring and difficult by many children. There are many reasons for this: Some of these reasons are that children need more play activities, have different learning styles, prejudices and teachers’ method techniques do not attract children’s attention. Because of these reasons, children’s learning processes need to be set up in such a way that they can take a more active role and learn with fun. For this, the most basic tools are games. The game is unique learning tools in which every child loves to participate actively. On the other hand, by playing a role in creative drama activities, the concretization of abstract concepts and associating mathematics with the real world offers a more permanent learning and fun process. According to the researches, teachers have more successful results with mathematics teaching through games and the other technics which attract children’s attention.
- Teachers have experience with the use of creative drama method in educational processes,
- Learning creative drama techniques and games,
- Knowing the use of creative drama for math teaching
- The ability to build games, dramatic stories, and creative drama workshops for math teaching
- To know the risky drama actions with kids
- The ability to adapt games to teaching processes.
Yes, we organize local transportation, hotel, food, cultural visit, and social activities. Please contact us about the details and the offers. We prefer to offer organization fee and the options when your project is granted by Erasmus Plus due to the fact that the cost is changing from date to date and the locations.
Yes, we do. Utopia has working fields like art, play, pedagogy, and other alternative methods. If your idea fits our vision and our resources we can propose you a tailor-made programme according to your needs. We create groups with a minimum of 6 participants. If you have 6 participants or more we can organize a course for you on the dates and location you prefer.
- Antalya and İstanbul TURKEY
- Barcelona SPAIN
- Lund SWEEDEN
A need and profile analysis will be sent to participants to determine the needs and profile of participants before the course. This form of participant profile is very important for us to see the level of knowledge and awareness about the topic, the needs of participants and expectations According to the information obtained from this form, our program is designed. Before our participants come to the country where the course will be implemented, they must make the necessary preparations for the topic. We will send to participants an information pack which has the necessary information to not to face problems during the course and other times. This package includes all logistical information (weather, currency, airport transfer, course location details, contact information, etc.) and preparations for participants for the course. In the course organization team, we have a guide for the groups for practical arrangements and the problems.
Our course is mostly conducted by non-formal education methods. Participants are actively involved in our creative drama activities, and participate in the activity in abundance and learn by having fun. We don’t like power point presentation based courses. We have materials, our body as the most important instruments and creativity. Group and individual works and experiential learning based studies are carried out.
At the end of the course, general oral and written evaluations are made and achievements of the participants are assessed. Cultural excursions and closing events are organized after the course closed with a certificate of attendance. We will share our photos, videos, reports, and materials which are produced during the course with the participants. The course will be monitoring by trainers and reports will be prepared by trainers to inform participants about the quality of the course, outcomes, evaluation results, feedbacks and etc.
- 5 days training course: €350 (including Tax)
- 7 days training course: €490 (including Tax)
- 9 days training course: €630 (including Tax)
- * Daily €70 fee includes preparation of participants, Implementation of training course, coffee break, certificates, training materials, video clip and the photos of training course, after course support and materials. Hotel, food, transportation, cultural visit, and extra activities will be not included training course fee. For the accommodation please contact with course organization team.
Participants transfer %30 of the whole amount before maximum 1 months of the course date. Remaining part will be paid in cash on the last day of the training course. For the reservation during the project application, any payment will be not asked. If the project is granted, participants contact with Utopia and ask for confirmation of course participation.
- Certificate of Attendance: Issued by Utopia Education and Art Organization
- Europass Certificate: Prepared by participants and validated by Utopia Education and Art Organization
- *No fee will be asked for certification.
Participants will receive the materials listed below.
- Video clip and the photos of the training course
- Activity reports
- Evaluation Results and report
- After course support ( A Digital File includes drama resources, music for drama activities and more.)
Daily Activities: 09:00- 17:00 (6-hour training course)
- Welcome Activity – Pre-test
- Knowing Each other through Drama Games
- Trust Each other through Drama Games
- Team Building through Drama Games
- Introduction to FUN MATH
- From abstract to Concrete
- Games to be used in the classroom
- Drama in Education
- Drama technics as teaching tools
- Story Telling and Tale based drama
- Improvisation technics and creativity
- Math and Drama
- Sample Fun Math Workshop (LAND OF NUMBERS)
- Let’s Build a Game
- Process Drama Experiment
- Cafe of Numbers (Role Playing)
- Evaluation through Game and Drama – Protest
- Certificate Ceremony and Closure
- Cultural Activities- City Visit